13 Reasons to Get your Spine Checked Regularly –by josephbstrauss.com
1. More Energy The vital energy that runs your body comes from the brain, travels over the spinal cord and nerves and gives vitality and vigor to your body. If that energy is not flowing properly, your body will not work at its fullest potential. Regular chiropractic care helps keep the energy flowing like it should.
2. More Balanced Body Chemistry The proper balance of your body’s chemistry is unique for you. The organs, glands and cells of the body must be working properly to produce just the right chemicals in just the right amounts at just the right time. A properly functioning nerve system is critical in the coordination of that function.
3. Clearer Thinking, Concentration and Memory Did you ever have a day when your mind was extra sharp, thoughts and ideas came quickly, or your memory was especially good? Ever have just the opposite type of day? Your ability to think, concentrate, and remember is due to how efficient your brain and nerve system work. Mental efficiency improves 1500-3000% after a chiropractic adjustment. People with more efficient nerve systems are, well, smarter.
4. Improved Physical Performance With an improved nerve supply, all your performance levels will be elevated. Whether that improvement is enough to make a noticeable difference is an individual matter. However, getting adjusted regularly will have cumulative effects and result in changes. It just makes sense to do everything possible to naturally improve performance.
5. A Better Ability to Adapt to Stress Stress is a part of everyone’s life. How well your body is working will determine to some degree how much stress your body can handle. A properly functioning nerve system allows you to better adapt to life’s circumstances and to higher levels of stress.
6. Improved Sleep All sleep is not the same. Just because you get ten hours does not mean you are getting the kind of rest you need. At different times, we have all awakened refreshed, sluggish or tired from the same amount of sleep. How well your body is working will determine how much of your sleep is real sleep and not just “down time.”
7. Greater Value From Your Exercise We all need to exercise regularly. Some of us just do not have the energy to get up off the couch and begin a workout, although that is an issue we have already addressed. When we are subluxated, it results in altered biomechanics and keeps the muscles and organs of our body from receiving a full complement of vital life energy. It is like trying to exercise a paralyzed muscle and a crooked joint. There is not enough energy going to those muscles. The altered biomechanics can lead to injury or not getting the most out of your exercise.
8. Better Digestion And Ability to Get More Out of Your Nutritional Choices The expression “you are what you eat” is incomplete. The true statement is “you are what your body can make and do with what you eat”. If you are subluxated in the area of the spine that controls the organs used in digestion and they are adversely affected, the good food and nutrition you are putting into your body may not be digested, absorbed, or eliminated properly. This can result in nutritional deficiencies, the inability to handle certain food, cravings, toxicity, and other problems. Regular adjustments can allow you to get the most out your nutritional choices by allowing you to better absorb the nutrients you need to be healthy, while eliminating waste properly.
9. More Hours in Your Day It is obviously not possible to add to the 24 hours in a day. However, time-management experts tell us that it is the efficient use of our time, not the total number of hours that is the issue. If your mind and body are working as well as they possibly can, you will be more efficient.
10. Improved Relationships Why is it that some people seem to be able to get along with people that you cannot stand? Perhaps it is you. Emotions are controlled by your nerve system. If you were functioning at a higher level and if your body chemistry was better balanced, perhaps you could handle them better and not be bothered by whatever it is about them that affects your relationship. Even better, get them to a chiropractor and you might become best friends!
11. Increased Income Earning Capacity If you had more energy, clearer thinking, a better ability to handle stress, were more efficient and physically, mentally, and emotionally functioning at a higher level, you could work more, work harder, get a better job or a promotion, or even start a business of your own.
12. A Longer Life All things being equal, you will live longer if you take care of yourself, barring any unforeseen accident, of course. Taking care of yourself, in no small measure, means keeping your nerve system working as best as possible.
13. Enjoy Life More Everyone wants to have a happier and more fulfilled life. If you see improvement in the areas above, your life will be more enjoyable. Even some of the things you do not enjoy now could become more pleasurable and rewarding. Anything that will improve your health and life – eating right, exercising, proper rest, a good attitude, proper hygiene, having a good nerve supply, etc. – must be done or kept up regularly to experience the true benefits. Getting checked regularly just makes sense!
Your Body is a Dynamic, Constantly Evolving, Self-Healing, Self-Regulating organism in tune with its Environment and able to Adapt in an Appropriate and Timely manner, given its Nervous System is Functioning Without Interference.
Consistent visits, once or twice per week, will support a lifetime of continuous progress.